Recommended Activities Winelands
The Cape Winelands is heaven for foodies, wine-lovers, brandy-lovers, art-lovers and nature-lovers. in fact, even if you're none of these, you'll still love it. These are some of our favourite things to do in the Winelands:
- Wine Tasting: a self-drive tour is a wonderful way to explore the region while tasting your particular favourites. However, this does mean that one of you has to be the designated driver, which seems such a waste! We'll gladly book you a private tour vehicle and driver to take you to any farm you wish.
- Wine and Chocolate Tasting: one of our firm favourites, at Waterford Wines
- Chocolate Tasting
- Wining and dining: From exquisite tasting plates on a dappled terrace in the middle of the vineyards outside Franschoek, to a five-star dining experience with sweeping views of the Banghoek Valley, to bread and cheese platters in cool cellars, or street-front restaurants in historic town centres, this area has no end of dining options. Chat to us about your preferences, and we'll help you find the right place for you.
- Stellenbosch Wander: A fifteen-minute drive away, Stellenbosch has a host of galleries, bookshops, gift shops, restaurants, cafes and bars ranged around the picturesque historic town centre. The whole town centre can be easily wandered on foot, so park your car and wander around to your heart's content. Stellenbosch is the nearest town to Hawksmoor House, and is a place of great beauty and historical interest. The second-oldest town in South Africa after Cape Town, it is also one of the best preserved, with a mix of architectural styles, including Cape Dutch, Georgian, Regency and Victorian.
- Franschhoek Wander: A drive to Franschhoek, 40 minutes away, takes you over the historic Helshoogte (Hell's Heights) pass, and through the breathtakingly beautiful Banghoek (Scared Corner) Valley, a route which just happens to be at the intersection of some of the best-known Cape Wine Routes. In Franschhoek you're spoilt for choice on restaurants, bars, shops and galleries.